1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Here at Elevate Security, we're building the first-ever truly people-centric solution that's focused on the human element as a core defense strategy for protecting organizations. By combining the powers of behavioral and data science, we are creating a world where every employee becomes an organization's strongest security advocate.
We're looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the security landscape. There are few times when life shows up with a golden ticket. This is one of those times! We are looking for incredible people to join us on our journey. Come join one of the top 10 best tech startups in Berkeley (from anywhere in the world; we're remote)!
We're looking for a contract Technical Writer (20 hours per week) to organize and expand the customer-facing product documentation that empowers Fortune 1000 security teams to use our data platform in their critical workflows. Specifically, you'll help to:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Occasional help with product copy.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years' industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex security products
- Previous experience writing security or API documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with product to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity, complexity and adapt quickly
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest talent in the Bay Area.
- At such a small, tight-knit startup, you matter tremendously and your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We're genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won't hire jerks.
- We're remote!
This is a contract position for 20 hours per week.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈