3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Twofivesix's strategy and content practice prepares brands for the next century of games, play and interactivity. By creating a unique audience and content offering, combined with a deep expertise, we've developed an unbeatable approach.
At Twofivesix, technical writers are responsible for writing PC hardware-related stories, conducting research, heeding client feedback, and collaborating with editors to ensure you produce high-quality content that meets the needs of our clients and partners.
What we're looking for in a technical writer:
You are inquisitive, inspiring and collaborative—insatiably curious about cutting-edge technology. Specifically, your colleagues consider you a/an:
- PC Expert. You are comfortable with covering and using PC technology. In this role, you would write how-to PC building guides, reviews of PC products/components, and profiles of PC authorities. First-hand experience with DIY PC-building is a plus.
- Solid Communicator. You are articulate and persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly and with conviction. Framing insights and directions in simple language is practically second nature for you. In communication with your editors, you are responsive and receptive to feedback. You are willing to collaborate with subject matter experts to bolster your writing.
- Avid Researcher. You are resourceful—knowing where to go to understand the product or company you will be highlighting in your articles—and can piece together relevant information with short timelines. You’re willing to venture into unfamiliar subject matter with aplomb and are open to developing new areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Genuine, confident, empathetic and interpersonally skilled
- Curious about PC gaming, hardware, and the PC industry
- Able to interact with editors, clients and partners in a professional manner, maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
- Comfortable working with a small team
- Respectful of hard deadlines
- Capable of absorbing critical feedback and accommodating requests for major revisions
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
- Committed to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all—clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Accurate in your writing and reporting as well as in following editorial procedures
- Able to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in a remote working environment
This is a contract position. Pay is $100/hour.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈