1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Come join our highly talented team at Ververica, and work with amazing colleagues on problems and products that change how companies do data processing, analytics, and applications.
We are the original creators of Apache Flink, the open source unified batch/stream processing system that powers applications in all types of companies, from tech giants like Alibaba, Amazon, or Netflix, to traditional enterprises like banks or telcos. We contribute heavily to Apache Flink, while building enterprise-grade products on top of Flink.
Become part of one of the biggest and most active open source communities and do work that has a visible impact. Connect with users around the world, and contribute to bleeding-edge tech or be an advocate for new approaches to long-standing problems.
As a technical writer, you take a crucial role in connecting our technology and products with users and customers. We develop technologies and products in a new space (unified data processing, stream processing) and are taking novel approaches to many problems. Being successful with that depends heavily on the fact that our users understand the ideas and principles behind our solutions, what problems we solve, and what new possibilities our technology brings. Otherwise our new ideas will not have any impact.
You will be working together with our engineers and developer advocates, jointly finding clear and intuitive ways to describe concepts, features, solutions. You will take part in our development process and ensure we have a high standard of documentation, as well as blog posts and articles that are intuitive and well understandable to our user audience.
- Experience in writing user-focused technical documentation and technical articles
- Working with engineers to develop contents
- Knowledge of the “Data-Intensive Applications” space (Databases, “Big Data” tools)
- Full proficiency in the English Language
- Knowledge of web and markup languages (HTML, …)
- Experience with other databases of big data tools (as user, developer, or writer).
- Working on bleeding-edge technology in unified data processing (batch/stream), event-driven applications, data intensive systems, and machine learning.
You will be part of shaping the direction of the data stream processing space.
- Being part of an international team of very talented people
- Creating the technical documentation that users need to be successful with the projects/products
- In collaboration with engineers, coming up with simple/understandable concepts to describe features and solutions.
- Co-writing articles that try to establish new ideas and approaches in the data-intensive application space
- Collaborating with the Apache Flink Open Source community
- A distributed team: Some team members work remotely, others work in the office in Berlin. Collaboration with other teams across EU, US, China.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈