2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer who would be working with all teams in the core technology unit of eyeo. The role would require working closely with the unit leads (especially the business unit lead) as well as key subject matter experts and product owners
- Take ownership of documentation for all products in the core technology unit. Track the design and development process, research to understand the high-level concepts and the small details to provide high-quality user documentation. Make sure all documentation is up-to-date.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write product information, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work cross-functionally with our business unit leads, product teams and partner teams to address gaps in technical knowledge, and together with product owners, work to address those gaps and document them properly.
- Ensure content adheres to a consistent style, tone, and approach by following a style guide and reviewing existing documentation.
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing or product documentation.
- Experience working in collaboration with software engineers and product owners/managers on a daily basis
- Experience working in agile teams
- Experience working with team members distributed across multiple time-zones.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Ad-blocking technology experience
- User research methodologies
- 5+ years of technical writing experience.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with developer relations/advocacy efforts or branding initiatives.
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈