3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating technical documents, users’ manuals, and technical or marking slide decks. Explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with technical staff to ensure accuracy of all documentation related to network survey, design, processes, and implementation. Apply advanced consulting and extensive technical expertise. Take IT information and create technical documentation, images, and figures to present a cohesive story to the client.
* This position has the capability to be fully remote
Typical responsibilities include
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit complex operational procedures and manuals,
- Coordinate with teams to illustrate documents as well as proofread and edit papers before publication
- Design and implement procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications
- Analyze and update content metrics as needed
- Produce electronic documentation
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions of technical literature
- Maintain schedules of multiple deployed deliverables across Project and Corporate Office
- Manage suspense system for all deliverables and ancillary documentation needs
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Manage complex documentation projects
- Bachelor's Degree; major in English, Journalism, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience with technical writing in an IT development environment
- working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product
- owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- working with content in multiple mediums
- Previous experience working for Department of Defense is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including SharePoint, Teams, One Drive
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- ITIL 4 Foundation or SIAM Framework experience
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven record in designing concepts and executing production of print and digital materials including web graphics, landing pages, collateral, email, special reports, event materials (invitations, brochures, signage), video graphics, infographics, and presentations.
- Ability to provide a portfolio of work or writing samples
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance eligibility is required.
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome – Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
- Invest in your education – Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company-sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Work Place in 2019!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back – Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients’ needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client's culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions that empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact [email protected].
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as "protected status").
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈