1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a talented Technical Writer to join our growing team! You will be the driving force behind the unwavering belief in clear and effective communication. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a technical field, such as software development, computer science, engineering or technical product marketing. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
You would be successful if you describe yourself as:
- A steward of all technical product documentation. Ensuring you take into account the needs of the users and business stakeholders, and be creative on your communication methods.
- You are described as a skilled communicator, knowing how to translate complex concepts into clear communication with images, diagrams, and videos.
- You are curious and a researcher, who is passionate about teaching others.
- You are proud of your focus on delivering user-friendly, understandable content that users love and that helps impact adoption of products and eNPS of customers.
- Create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, in-platform instructions, and installation/configuration instructions.
- Ensure documentation can be used to enable creation of client resources and educational materials, including videos, demos, tutorials, training materials, guided tours, general & technical overview and FAQs.
- Research, write, edit and revise content that is both engaging and accessible to user personas with both non-technical and technical backgrounds.
- Contribute and publish release notes to internal stakeholders with information on product updates, releases and fixes.
- Edit other writers' content and documentation for consistency and continuously update content with current information.
- Test what you document to check products for issues, provide insight to resolving problems and ensure documentation is accurate and consistent.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Development, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Customer Enablement.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Experience using API documentation
- Experience with documentation publishing software and digital adoption platform software
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to deliver results on time and on budget independently
- Proven method of keeping up with new requests and maintenance asks, distilling asks to feature sets, and breaking them down to packets of work
- Clear passion about G2 portfolio
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand business objectives and stakeholder needs and translate them into solutions
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements and shifting priorities for product development
- Organized with high attention to detail
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈