1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The LogicPlum documentation team keeps two things at the forefront of their mind. First, we play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand. We are also the go-to internal resource for the latest information on the LogicPlum application. In short, we create world-class documentation to increase prospect conversion, customer adoption, and self-paced education.
The ideal candidate has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication and writing skills, and can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, and project leads. You must be equally comfortable arguing the Oxford comma (include, of course), UI consistency, and confusion matrices. We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable and who can thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
• Produce high-quality documentation for web-based applications
• Publish weekly Release Notes for our Cloud-delivered software for delivery to a broad group of internal and external partners
• Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and knowledgebase content
• Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation
• Contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing
• Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality
• Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication
• Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; an obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
• Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption
• Laser focus on--and commitment to-- deadlines
• Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
• Ability to manage multiple project-based documentation assignments simultaneously
• As the writer assigned to designated engineering teams, represent Docs to those teams and report to Docs the ENG team's project status
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in technical documentation
• Experience with source control systems and workflow tools--Git, JIRA/Confluence
• A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
• Experience with machine learning or data science preferable but not a strict requirement
• Experience with Markdown and documentation workflows
• Startup experience
• Experience with a cadence of deployment-based software (weekly cloud or quarterly on-premise) and making changes to documentation based on that cadence
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈