2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Yoga Journal is looking for a full time staff writer to join a cross-platform editorial team. This role skillfully writes content for the website and magazine related to asana, yoga philosophy, health & wellness, and fitness trends that intersect yoga.
The ideal candidate is a yoga or meditation teacher (or has a strong yoga, meditation, or mindfulness practice) with experience writing for a digital platform who will feel at home on a small team. You'll have an eye for identifying newcomers in the yoga community and jump on opportunities to spotlight them. Ideally, this person will have an intimate understanding of the community and the nuanced conversations happening within it. You will seek out and seize opportunities to cover underserved parts of the community.
Your day-to-day will include pitching and writing multiple engaging stories a day, working with the membership, video and social media team to create wide-ranging content; conducting interviews over the phone, Zoom or in person; additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
This position requires organization, an attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has a passion for analytics and SEO and is comfortable using WordPress and analytics tools including Google Analytics and Parse.ly.
- Pitch, write, and produce content for digital and print platforms including but not limited to news stories, trend pieces, lists, roundups, and deep-dives.
- Optimize content for SEO (whether its on-page headlines, meta titles, slugs, or body copy, you know what the page needs to rank in Google.)
- Build digital stories in the CMS; Cut-to-fit and proof/line-edit print pages during print production
- The ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs
- The ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- 2+ years' experience in digital environment and/or editorial department
- The skill to produce clean copy and the confidence to self-publish at times
- Experience working and editing in CMS systems
- Proactive nature and ability to become a vital member of the team even when remote
- A passion for yoga, wellness, and service journalism
- Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $45,000 to $50,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈