Sr. UI Technical Writer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices located worldwide, OpsRamp is a modern SaaS platform company that’s just entered its next stage of growth with new investment from Morgan Stanley, HPE, and Sapphire Ventures. We’re disrupting the $28 billion-dollar market of IT operations management, fundamentally changing how IT teams support the business through infrastructure management.
As one of Forbes’ Top Cloud Computing Companies to Work For, we’re working to upend the old way of discovering, monitoring, managing, and automating IT infrastructure with tomorrow’s innovations like artificial intelligence, cloud capabilities, and more. We’re building the best team of innovators, thinkers, and doers in technology to realize the future of digital operations and bring it to life. It’s truly the dawn of a new era for a major market, and we’re in the center of it. Are you ready to join the future of IT operations?
- Work with OpsRamp Product Management and Engineering teams to deliver technical and product-related documents. Additionally, may work with field and professional services, customer success, and customer support.
- Understand the key project focus areas, requirements, and efficiently leverage internal resources to develop feature documentation.
- Excel at contributing as an individual contributor and coordinating with other team members (including a remote workforce) with minimal supervision.
- Develop and write content using diverse resources such as design and functional specs, rough notes, email correspondence, and verbal communication.
- Directly interact with technical resources to understand requirements and prepare technical material.
- Ability to write in a simple, concise, and accurate manner using technical writing principles.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Track record of independently completing technical writing jobs.
- Produced product feature documentation, user interface documentation, architecture guides, or technical articles on product functionality.
- High proficiency of fundamental technical communication skills.
- Software engineering concepts, IT infrastructure services or products, and technical terminology knowledge.
- Solid technical writing skills with an excellent command of the English language – written and verbal.
- Professional with a “can do” attitude and solid time management skills.
- Well versed in editing and reviewing content.
- Experience writing a variety of documentation such as specifications, online help, training material, admin runbooks, and architecture guides.
- Experience with authoring technical and online help documentation.
- Quick learner with an interest in technology, tools, and testing procedures.
- Experience designing and developing product application user interface content.
- Experience with some of the following technical tools:
- Publishing tools: Illustrator, Markdown editor, WalkMe (or similar)
- Documentation source: Markdown, HTML, Hugo, Google Docs/Sheets
- Project management: Jira, Confluence wiki
- Source control: Github or equivalent source control system
- Other technologies: JSON, YAML, Hugo, Github wiki
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈