Senior Editor, Small Business
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Our office is currently remote. Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. Upon our return to the office, the expectation is that this role can be based out of Jersey City, NJ, offering a hybrid work schedule or be fully remote in the United States.
Forbes is looking for the kind of journalist who loves great storytelling in all its forms. Along with discovering the creators, entrepreneurs, and small business leaders we need to know, you’ll have a chance to create new franchises, events, and products that we haven’t even thought of yet. We want a curious self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to be the face and force behind our coverage of a large and fast-growing part of the economy.
- Owns the Small Business beat
- In charge of Next 1000 list and the articles related to it—includes managing a small team to work on list
- Produces live events related to your lists
- Writes impactful investigative articles, as well as the second-day analysis of breaking news stories
- Breaks stories, scooping the competition
- Writes a biweekly newsletter
- Moderates on panels
- Serves as expert of your subject on other media outlets
- Oversees small business contributors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in journalism
- Deeply sourced
- Works independently, coming up with ideas and reporting on stories with little direction
- Familiarity with finance and comfort with financial figures and terms
- Ability to delve into financial documents
- Interest in covering successful entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈