Senior Editor, Central U.S.
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Bisnow is seeking a seasoned, razor-sharp Central U.S. Editor preferably in Houston, Dallas or Chicago to help lead, report and build our burgeoning commercial real estate news operations. We’re in the business of delivering intelligence at the intersection of international commercial real estate and politics, sports, entertainment, business, technology and beyond. Bisnow is seeking a thorough editor with a deep passion for the news who can help us continue to expand our ambitions.
- Provide editorial planning and hands-on execution for day-to-day coverage of Chicago, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth and other markets, long-term packages and special projects for Bisnow.com and our large stable of newsletters.
- Manage a team of full-time reporters and freelancers, including organization and professional growth.
- Assign articles and line edit online articles, newsletters and morning briefs.
- Minimum five years of experience working on an editorial team, including experience managing a team of reporters.
- Ideally, experienced in business-to-business reporting; experience in commercial real estate reporting a major plus.
- Clear, friendly, hyper-organized, goals-based management style.
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled, thorough and conscientious storyteller.
- Experience editing and recruiting high-caliber writers and editors.
- An eye for quality journalism, as well as stories with viral/share potential.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Deep familiarity with the competitive set in the CRE news space in Texas and Chicago.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Extensive experience working in content management systems.
- Basic Google Analytics skills.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈