2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Yoga Journal is looking for an ideas-generating senior editor to join a cross-platform editorial team. This role skillfully assigns, edits, and writes content for the website and magazine related to asana, yoga philosophy, health & wellness, and fitness trends that intersect yoga. You will seek out and seize opportunities to cover underserved parts of the community.
The ideal candidate is a yoga or meditation teacher (or has a strong yoga, meditation, or mindfulness practice) with national magazine or website editing and writing experience who will also feel at home on a small team. This position requires organization, an attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has a passion for analytics and SEO and is comfortable using WordPress and analytics tools including Google Analytics and Parse.ly.
This position requires organization, an attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has a passion for analytics and SEO and is comfortable using WordPress and analytics tools including Google Analytics and Parse.ly.
- Conceive, develop, assign, write, edit, and produce content across print and digital platforms.
- Write features and digital longform articles
- Optimize content for SEO (whether its on-page headlines, meta titles, slugs, or body copy, you know what the page needs to rank in Google.)
- Top edit freelancers and junior editors
- Collaborates with art department in conceiving art for print departments and features
- Builds digital stories in the CMS; Cut-to-fit and proof/line-edit print pages during print production
- The ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs
- The ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
- 5+ years' experience in digital environment and/or editorial department
- A strong body of editorial work in the health and wellness space
- Knowledge of analytics tools and the ability to mine them for insights
- Able to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print, and into online education and membership programs
- A passion for yoga, wellness, and service journalism
- Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $50,000 to $55,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈