RN Question Writer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking an RN question writer to join our content team. In this role, you will be working with the content team to create NCLEX® style assessment items that help students identify knowledge gaps and you’ll also create detailed rationales that help them learn important nursing pearls.
This is a hands-on position in a unique remote, start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate remotely and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As an RN question writer, you will work closely with our nursing manager to ensure that future clinicians are getting the best possible training experience.
What You’ll Do
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop and curate the Osmosis RN question bank, including writing comprehensive rationales that follow the Osmosis style guide
- Review and edit questions with a focus on accuracy, precision, readability, and educational value
- Work with medical illustration team to create images and figures highlighting important nursing concepts or disease processes
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts, editors, illustrators, and students
- Identify and complete other tasks as needed
Who You Are
- Registered Nurse with an unencumbered license in your state of residence (or multi-state licensure), with at least one year of clinical nursing practice and one year of instructing pre-licensure Nursing students
- Ability to conceptualize, integrate, and teach complex Nursing topics
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to provide, receive, and incorporate feedback quickly and positively
- Demonstrable history of working on your own while operating within a team environment
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- A passion for Osmosis’ mission, vision, and values
- Prior NCLEX® or NCLEX® style question-writing experience
- Certified Nurse Educator
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, if you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈