1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose? In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. With our fifth academic year upon us, our toolkits + trainings have journeyed to over 20,000 students, 1000 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries.
With our $1.5M seed funding secured, we are now pushing our expansion across the country + globe. Our goal is to continue to double our impact and revenue each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent SEL curriculum company in the world - leading the global movement of purpose learning, meaning making and belonging-based education world wide.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organization’s larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value access, equity, diversity, and belonging. This is represented primarily in three ways: our product, our staff, and our schools.
Product: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners from traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
We are looking for a passionate RFP Writer with deep experience who finds joy writing responses to RFPs and selling to school districts. In this role you will focus on selling our curriculum and tools to districts, which often requires responding to a public RFP or working directly with a district to provide the documentation for sole source procurement.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations- such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review RFPs issued by school districts to see if we fit.
- Respond to public RFPs issued by schools, districts, and colleges for Social Emotional Learning Curriculum, SEL Assessments, Mental Health solutions, and other relevant topics.
- Manage a calendar to make sure we respond to RFPs in a timely manner and don’t miss deadlines.
- Develop and continuously update templates and documentation to make responding to RFPs efficient and effective.
- When required, work with other Account Executives and a district/school client to create/provide relevant documentation needed to close deals.
- At times work directly with a District Superintendent or procurement team to develop a proposal or sole-source application and close the deal.
Ultimately the job of this role is to close district deals and work through their procurement processes in a structured and organized manner.
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
At a high level, we are looking for a highly organized person with top-notch writing skills who is a demonstrated self-starter with a background in K12 education, and ideally has written RFP responses for schools before. Below we have listed out some things we are looking for; you do not necessarily need to check all these boxes to be eligible for this position. Here are some components we think that includes:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Sales / Recruiting / Outreach Position with a procurement process: We need you to have a proven track record in selling into a procurement process. This is the most critical part of this job.
- Background selling to Education or other government agencies: Ideally you have written and submitted RFPs for school districts or other government agencies.
- Background in K-12 Education: You do not necessarily have to have been a classroom teacher, but familiarity with the K12 system and the experience of a teacher in the classroom or remotely teaching, particularly the middle/high school system is a must.
- Self-Motivated: This is a highly self-motivated role + you need to be a self-starter
- Organized: You are going to be managing bureaucratic processes and procurement and need to be highly organized to make sure every “i” is dotted and “t” is crossed.
- Good Relationship Builder: Building relationships with new prospective districts and understanding their needs.
- Impact-Driven: You will work closely with the team doing impact research to gather data and stories and communicate them publicly.
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. As such this role can be anywhere in North America and will not require relocation once COVID is over.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈