Photo Editor, Editorial - Freelance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
- Commission arresting, original, and expressive photography for photo essays, feature stories, and special projects for multiple publications - to be presented across devices, surfaces, and platforms.
- Help develop systems and processes to effectively elevate the presentation of stock photography in collaboration with the Editorial Design team.
- Work closely across teams (Design, Editorial, Audience Development) to tell stories visually.
- Work with the publications’ operations teams to deliver work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help establish new processes and workflows for photography.
- Be curious and pro-active about exploring new approaches to visual storytelling, as our platform grows and develops over time.
- Bring good ideas to work.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience working with photography in an editorial context.
- You can demonstrate how you see the big picture through previous work - how a story can be told visually across screen-sizes and platforms.
- Your work demonstrates a consideration for how photography can be experienced on small screens(mobile-first web).
- You are passionate about photography and visual storytelling.
- You have a diverse portfolio that demonstrates an eye for storytelling, concept and composition.
- You are versatile and comfortable working in a start-up environment, where speed, flexibility and experimentation are part of the day-to-day culture.
- You are a positive, straightforward, and effective communicator.
- You are solutions-oriented and can communicate complex visual ideas with clarity - individually and within a group setting.
- You like working on a team and can help improve other people’s ideas through collaboration, feedback and brainstorming.
- You believe that good ideas can come from anywhere.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈