Personal Finance Writer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
As a Personal Finance Writer at FinanceBuzz, you'll be responsible for producing high-quality content that helps our readers make smart personal finance decisions that better their lives. You have a wide personal finance knowledge that enables you to explain topics including investing, loans, credit cards, side hustles, banking, debt, financial independence, and more. You can easily adapt to various content types including short- and long-form stories, research studies and reports, SEO-driven content priorities, and timely features without missing a beat. You'll balance SEO best practices with writing engaging, consumer-focused content.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Helping readers understand personal finance, even complex concepts, so they can make smart money moves
- Producing precise and engaging stories while maintaining high-quality standards with minimal input from editors
- Writing 5-10 stories per week (a couple thousand words per day), depending on story type, length, and complexity
- Pitching 6-12 stories a month that align with our business strategy and audience's interest
- Identifying financial trends and timely industry insights, helping us understand where to focus our attention
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to help shape content, social, email, push, and PR strategies
- Responding to media requests and serving as an ambassador of FinanceBuzz as needed
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for finance information and education
- Working with the editorial team to ensure existing content stays fresh and accurate
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 2+ years of professional writing experience
- Expert knowledge and passion for all things financial, like debt management, investing, and more
- Versatility to tackle a mix of story types and a willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
Extra points for:
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Deep knowledge of investing topics
- A data-driven approach and ability to interpret and incorporate data to strengthen a story
- Familiarity with AP style as well as tools similar to Google Docs, Asana, and Slack
WHO ARE WE?
South Florida's fastest-growing media company leveraging data science and fun to build awesome, profitable digital brands and technologies. Founded in 2014 with no external investment, Launch Potato has grown into a leading connector of advertisers to qualified customers.
Most recently, honored as an Inc. Best Place to Work & Inc. Fastest Growing Company for the second time, a winner of the SFBJ Best Place to Work Award, and Florida Trend Best Place to Work. While our headquarters is in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, we have a unique, international team distributed across several countries and are a pioneering advocate of remote work.
From Day One, we've been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈