Pocket Outdoor Media
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
As Membership Editor, you'll have two main jobs:
- Manage and produce editorial projects designed to help us grow membership: working with our editorial teams, you'll conceive, manage and execute a wide variety of editorial projects--across many different platforms--intended to help increase and reward membership.
- Make us smarter: bring good ideas to the table, learn new things quickly, and make it easy for our teams to understand and use best practices, analytical tools, and key insights that improve our relationships with and offerings for our readers.
We're looking for a person with the skills and knowledge to do this job well--but we also need someone who understands what we're trying to become; who knows what questions we're not asking; who invents better ways of doing things; who finds new tools and figures them out on their own; who creates fantastic written, visual, and live experiences; and who everyone in our company loves working with.
This position reports to the VP of Content Strategy.
The Membership Editor's responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with editors of individual titles to develop and execute special projects designed to help increase reader engagement and membership growth
- Generating actionable, data-driven insights that refine our overall editorial strategy and help our editors understand what's working, what's not, and what we might try next
- Managing a wide variety of editorial projects across titles and functions.
- Identifying key trends, themes, events, news developments and other opportunities for us to broaden and deepen the impact of our editorial offerings
- Producing members-only virtual and live editorial events
- Understanding, establishing and effectively evangelizing best practices with respect to SEO, headlines, image selection and placement, content promotion, and seasonal- and event-driven content strategies
- Conducting analyses of strategies, tactics and best practices from best-in-class digital publishing organizations and developing plans to help POM's brands learn quickly from these examples
- Helping editors experiment with new types of story forms, narratives, visual presentations, and article types.
- Identifying opportunities for growth via external partnerships
- Working with internal social, product, technology, marketing, sales and operations teams to advance opportunities for audience and membership growth
We're looking for someone who:
- Has excellent editorial judgment
- Can manage projects, solve problems, and lead cross-functional teams--including technology, product, design, editorial and marketing--autonomously and effectively
- Is a great writer
- Is an organized, structured, highly analytical thinker
- Can quickly develop strong, trusting relationships with a wide variety of people and personality types
- Knows what a highly effective digital publishing operation looks like, and can help us become one
- Is deeply creative and actively seeks inspiration and new ideas from a broad assortment of sources
- Has strong experience with audience development strategies and tactics, including social media and SEO best practices
- Has 3+ years of experience working with editors and content producers in a high-performing digital publishing, editorial and/or agency environment
- Has solid experience using Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, and/or other widely used content analytics tools--and is excited to get better
- Is a terrific all-around communicator
- Loves learning new technologies, tools and techniques
- Prioritizes effectively and works well on a deadline
- Has experience managing project budgets, third-party vendors and contractors
- Has a passion for the topics covered by our publications
Why You'll Love Working at Pocket Outdoor Media
- We are passionate about outdoor and active lifestyle participants and live the lifestyle ourselves
- We are a technological and data-driven business
- We are committed to active lifestyle participants and will provide them with the world's most personalized content that inspires and motivates them by understanding them better than any platform in the world
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Pocket Outdoor Media and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Pocket Outdoor Media is proud to offer a strong benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k plan, commuter benefits, and company equity, along with a salary commensurate with background and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
General range of comp for this position: $70,000 - $120,000
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈