Managing Editor, HerCampus.com
Her Campus Media
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Her Campus Media is the #1 media portfolio for college students and Gen Z. Our brands -- Her Campus, Spoon University, College Fashionista, InfluenceHer Collective, and Generation Hired -- reach an audience of over 100 million social followers and 13 million monthly unique users, and count more than 40,000 influencers and student ambassadors at 1,500 colleges in our global network. Whether through content, resources, events, or other experiences, our mission is to support, celebrate, inspire, amplify, and equip Gen Z to realize their dreams as individuals and for society. We also power full-service, integrated marketing programs for the world’s top brands including P&G, Microsoft, L’Oreal, Walmart, and Coca-Cola who partner with us to create authentic, meaningful connections with our audience.
Her Campus Media is made up of a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, ambitious doers who are fired up about cultivating the next generation of leaders and changemakers. We are a small team of mostly women-identified individuals with a goal to equitably diversify our workforce. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) fosters a more collaborative, innovative, and impactful environment both internally and externally.
We are looking for a NYC- or Boston-based editor with their finger on the pulse of Gen Z to join our team fulltime as the lead editor overseeing HerCampus.com, managing associate editors and working alongside the social media manager and branded content manager.
In this role, you will oversee all HerCampus.com national editorial content, manage the HerCampus.com editorial team, grow traffic and engagement, execute special editorial projects, and continually devise and implement processes and practices to ensure smooth editorial operations, serving as the editorial leader for the Her Campus site. We are looking for someone with top-notch writing and editing skills who is adept at managing other editors, capable of taking big editorial projects and packages from ideation through execution, and is also comfortable with (and enjoys) traffic analytics and making data-driven decisions to drive growth. This is an ideal opportunity for a creative, organized self-starter who is passionate about Gen Z and who is excited and ready to move into a leadership and management role within the editorial world. Most importantly, candidates must be driven by Her Campus's mission of serving college women and serving as a career launching pad for the nation's top student journalists.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Senior-level oversight of all national content and content operations on HerCampus.com
- Through your work, drive traffic, engagement, and brand perception, balancing among these objectives
- Player/coach structure that includes doing your own editing in addition to managing team of editors
- Concept, oversee, and execute large-scale editorial projects and packages
- Develop new sell-able editorial opportunities for clients, in concert with business development and integrated marketing teams
- Collaborate with Community team to assist campus chapters in creating strong content at scale
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of full-time editorial/social media experience, preferably in Gen Z/women's digital media
- 2+ years management experience
- Strong background in both editorial and social media
- Strong understanding of the Her Campus brand and program; previous involvement with Her Campus preferred
- Proven record of achieving and surpassing traffic goals
- Ability and interest to work collaboratively with other departments such as sales & marketing, product & engineering, events, community, and design
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Thorough command of traffic analytics and associated tools
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Command of e-commerce affiliate content best practices
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Quick and efficient worker with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function autonomously and complete projects and tasks without close management and supervision
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, positive and upbeat nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Passion for Her Campus, our mission, our audience of college women, and the job of serving as the brand’s editorial lead, growing our traffic, elevating our brand, and leading our team of editors
Benefits & Perks
- Eligibility for performance bonuses
- Choice among six health insurance plans
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
- Unlimited PTO and flexibility to work remotely
- Extremely generous company holiday policy, with 16+ paid holidays annually including 2 floating holidays
- Highly parent-friendly culture, including 12 full weeks of parental leave plus additional 4 weeks of part-time parental leave, all fully paid
- Summer Fridays
- FSA and HSA offered
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Free One Medical membership offering same-day primary care over video or in person
- Free Health Advocate services to help navigate the healthcare system
- Dog-friendly office (if in Boston)
Interview Process & Expectations
We intend to move quickly but thoughtfully to make a hire. You can expect interviews with the co-founder/CEO/Editor-in-Chief, current members of the edit/social team, team members in other departments you would collaborate closely with, and a final round interview with the Her Campus Media co-founders. You will also be asked to submit a work product test to demonstrate your skill set and help us to understand your vision for yourself in the role.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. You are welcome to include additional materials or links to past work if you would like. Please also include whether you are applying for this position based in NYC or Boston. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈