Magazine Production Editor
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Pride Media is the largest LGBTQ+ media company in the U.S. We publish four magazines: Out, The Advocate, Out Traveler, and Plus. We have 5 websites, a podcast, and multiple web series (including the daily wrap-up, Pride Today). Pride Media is a community of storytellers, innovators, and influencers who believe in giving voice to all people and we’ve been around, in one form or another, since 1967. Learn more at PrideMedia.com
Print responsibilities include:
· Trafficking, trafficking, and coordinating all aspects of production work on four different magazines for both print and online.
· Maintaining consistent formats and styles in Adobe InDesign CC
· Keeping templates up to date
· Flowing copy, making corrections in magazine layouts
· Cropping and sizing images for print
· Locating stock and supplied imagery
· Preparing and archiving files for conversion to press-ready PDFs
· Inspection of files with Production Director (preflighting for accurate bleeds, correct imported file formats, color errors, font styles, folio errors, picture/image verification, and trim sizes)
· Co-creation and enforcement of editorial and shipping schedules
Online responsibilities include:
· Scheduling, prioritizing, and trafficking of assets
· Creating online images to be used on the websites and in emails
· Creating custom PDFs for publicists, companies, interviewees
· Work with vendor to close-caption videos
· Uploading content using Drupal after the print issue wraps
· 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position at a magazine or other publishing environment would be great, but any experience with InDesign and editorial production would qualify you for consideration so don’t rule yourself out
· Adobe CC (fluent in InDesign a must; prefer also Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional)
· Microsoft Office (musts: Word, Excel; prefer also PowerPoint)
· Experience using a CMS for web publishing is ideal
· Ability to self-motivate when working remotely and ask for help when needed
Some benefits that we offer:
· Health, dental, vision, life, accident, and long-term disability insurance
· Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Optional Critical Illness and Accident insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· LifeSmart/ADP discounts
· Unlimited PTO
· Mandatory 15 days of vacation, including five consecutive days
How do you know this is the job for you
· Ability to prioritize workflow, coordinate all deadlines for editorial, design, and production with the Chief Content Officer and Production Director
· Ability to work remotely, communicating via slack/email/phone/zoom with very diverse employees and differing work styles is important
· Attention to detail and flexibility is a necessity
· Must have excellent communications skills
· Open to working with a diverse and underrepresented community
We believe representation matters at Pride Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community (including trans and nonbinary individuals), those with disabilities, veterans, and anyone from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Current states we are hiring in are New York, California, Washington, Massachuttes, South Carolina, and Louisiana.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈