Junior curriculum editor
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for an organized junior editor to work alongside our curriculum designers and editors to deliver a high-quality and inclusive learning experience for our diverse community of students. You’ll need to have an excellent command of English, an impeccable eye for detail, and the ability to understand technical content and how to explain it clearly to beginners.
Your mission as a junior curriculum editor is to edit course content, pre- and post launch, for accuracy, clarity, and consistency, and contribute to improving editorial standards and processes within the curriculum team. You’ll also help out with QA, job skills benchmarking, and regular reviews of the course production process, as well as responding to student and mentor feedback about our courses.
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for the role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
We are a startup with nationalities from over 20 countries. We celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning and working in an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year’s experience as an editor, including copyediting, copywriting, and proofreading
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style (or another major style guide) and American English spelling and punctuation
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- Experience working with instructional materials.
- Experience editing technical content on topics such as web development, data analysis, UX, or UI design.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈