Journal Specialist - Global Women's Health
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We are seeking an enthusiastic and target-driven professional for the full-time position of Journal Specialist within our Health and Biomedical Sciences New Launch Program. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative team and contribute to the growth and development of some of our fast-growing young journals, with a focus on our Global Women’s Health journal. It is an exciting opportunity for candidates who are passionate about Health and Biomedical sciences, have a target driven approach, excellent communication skills, as well as publishing and / or industry experience. Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available within the UK.
Reporting to a Journal Manager and working closely with other Editorial staff, this position focuses on content commissioning, content acquisition, strategic journal development and Editorial Board management. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for leading researchers around the world, successfully building relationships to acquire quality content for the journals. The candidate will ensure effective Editorial Board management and participate actively in all operational aspects of the journal’s management, including devising editorial strategies to grow and develop the journals.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable them to liaise and develop relationships with high-profile scholars, and be collaborative team players, working closely with members of supporting teams. To ensure journals maintain and grow their reputation as attractive publishing outlets for the respective communities, the successful candidates will also be confident in working with data to perform market analyses of the competitor publishing landscape, identifying new areas for growth to inform our editorial strategies.
These positions will provide the successful candidates with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher.
- Support the Journal Manager in driving journal growth through Editor engagement, content commissioning, and the development of themed article collections.
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards.
- Communicate with academic Editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal content acquisition strategies.
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities, informed by competitor and market analyses.
- Achieve own personal commissioning and journal development targets, in line with the company expectations
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of journal operations.
- Background in a related Health or Biomedical Science discipline is preferred, but not essential.
- Previous experience in a publishing or academic environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional and courteous telephone manner and high attention to details.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions without constant supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Fluent proficiency with MS Office applications, knowledge of Salesforce will be a plus.
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Remote working options available within the UK.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
- The indication of your earliest availability
- A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈