Investing editor – Breaking News
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Why we’re a great company to work for?
- We have a mission. Seeking Alpha is about more than helping people make money. People who invest are 24% happier, 19% less stressed, and report a 36% increase in their sense of well-being (source). By helping investors to succeed, we help them to send children to college, achieve life goals, afford healthcare, and provide themselves with a secure retirement.
- We’re profitable and growing fast. We fuel our growth investments with our own capital, leading to greater stability for employees, and an inspiring growth-focused environment. All employees receive equity grants in-line with their cash compensation.
- You’ll work with great people. We work in small, tight-knit groups of smart, engaged people who bring everything to the table every day.
- We have fun. We love to get together at company events, which include Alphas who work from home. “Seeking Alpha doesn’t feed me well,” said no one ever.
- You’ll impact the lives of many people. We have 15 million unique monthly visitors, and 500,000 unique users visit Seeking Alpha every business day.
What you need to excel
Further down you’ll find the specifics of the job. The following traits describe the characteristics we look for in all positions.
- Hard-working. Delivering great experiences requires time and painstaking dedication. There are no shortcuts. Be ready to crush it every day.
- Precise. It is easy to fudge things. We look for people who love being given concrete definitions of success and utilize their talents and work ethic to exceed them.
- Flexible. We ask questions more than we assert answers, and we are always open to criticism and changing our views in the face of evidence.
- Lean. We pride ourselves in getting stuff done efficiently. When we ask, “How can I solve this challenge,” the first answer is never, “Hire someone.”
- Team player. We look for people who are intellectually stimulating, bring a positive attitude to work, and are fun to be around.
If that's what you're looking for too- go ahead and apply!
The Investing Editor will be part of a small team that covers markets and breaking news in real-time. Working in conjunction with a team leader, this person will cover top executives’ TV appearances, financial firms’ newsletters to clients, and other market-moving news. The Investing Editor will create both short- and medium-form articles on news events for our audience of Wall Street pros and sophisticated individual investors.
Five years or more of experience as a reporter or editor catering to a sophisticated investor audience. Experience at a real-time wire service or business-news website would be ideal.
A personal passion for markets and investing, as well as a desire to beat the competition on a good story.
The ability to write quick, concise, and accurate articles about breaking news while maintaining a conversational style and not losing sight of the “big picture.”
A good understanding of markets (stocks, bonds, options, commodities, etc.), as well as solid knowledge of what news actually moves securities prices.
Comfort toggling between monitoring news sources and writing articles while prioritizing and coordinating with fellow team members.
The ability to read earnings releases, SEC filings, etc.
Excellent SEO and headline-writing skills.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈