Games Writer - The Irregular Corp
1 week ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: UK Only
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire an Games Writer on a freelance basis to join The Irregular Corporation.
The Irregular Corporation is a small, fun and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company performance. We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated.
We’re looking for a freelance Games Writer for a minimum of 3 months to work on long form writing for PC Building Simulator, one of our most important titles.
- Working alongside the title’s main writer to create great narrative content that fits within the existing universe.
- Expanding on outlines to bring new characters to life with unique and memorable voices.
- Crafting messages full of wit and humour, while still clearly communicating player objectives.
- Experienced in writing character-focused medium/long-form text (e.g. letters, logs, diaries, etc.) on at least one shipped game title.
- Someone with a natural gift for humour, able to find the funny angle on every message and deliver fresh gags with creativity and flair.
- Able to tell memorable stories through text alone, with no reliance on images or audio.
- Able to adapt to and build on the tone of an existing universe.
- Comfortable writing in spreadsheet format.
- Able to collaborate, giving and receiving feedback in a mature manner throughout the writing process.
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely with a high degree of independence.
- Passionate about our games!
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, remote working, private healthcare and even therapy sessions.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people-first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. Alongside your CV, we’d love to see a personal cover letter outlining what you’d bring to this role – quoting examples of relevant writing experience.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈