Editorial Summer Intern
3 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Enterprise Knowledge (EK) is hiring an Editorial Intern to join our world-leading Knowledge Management Consulting Practice for the Summer of 2021. While this internship will be conducted remotely, the Editorial Intern will be able to take advantage of our strong company culture, our adept online collaboration, and the ability to learn business-oriented skills in a fast-paced, consulting-centric environment. Additionally, we were we were recently featured as one of Washington Business Journal and Inc. Magazine’s 2020 Best Workplaces!
We are seeking applicants from all majors with exceptional writing skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively. This individual should be hungry for opportunities and wish to be valued for the unique skills and insights they bring. While there is truly no “typical” day as an intern at EK, you will work closely with various EK staff members to complete some of the following tasks:
- Work directly with company leadership to define, review, and provide feedback on writing pieces intended for mass publication;
- Review, copy-edit, and/or contribute to marketing materials and thought leadership pieces; and
- Maintain and develop critical content items, ensuring that version history, notes, and updates are documented appropriately.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience copy-editing and proofreading formal writing pieces;
- Ability to provide clear and valuable feedback to writers regarding their content;
- Adept understanding of English grammar and syntax;
- Experience writing blogs, academic papers, or other types of written content;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work independently on important projects with minimal supervision; and
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Writing or copy-editing experience in a business or technically-focused environment; and
- 3.5 GPA or higher.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter; and
- Two Writing Samples that showcase that applicant’s writing ability within or outside the classroom setting. PDF format preferred.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈