Editor - Materials Science
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 442,000 clients across 191 countries.
We engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields.
Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
We're currently looking for specialist contractual copy-editors and substantive editors in Materials Science
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific guidelines and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines (which are driven by client deadlines)
Why this is a great opportunity
- Telecommute from anywhere
- Set your own timings and work hours; just ensure that you meet deadlines and the minimum monthly volume of 60,000 words
- There is no mandatory time commitment. However, editors typically tend to devote six to eight hours a day
- Receive a predictable volume of work each month. The more you edit, the more you will earn. Our contractors edit 60,000 to more than 120,000 words a month
- Develop an understanding of the finer points of editing and gain access to articles on the latest industry trends and editing tips on our learning and discussion platform
- Get an inside view of research carried out worldwide
What you need
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Materials Science
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Our selection process involves just one online test. If you meet the benchmark, we will contact you within one business day, and you can start on assignments within a couple of days. Please access this link: https://tinyurl.com/y47sqbj6
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or face any problems while applying.
At CACTUS, we believe that diversity enriches us. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to offering work opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈