2 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Are you a fan of or have read The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline or The Warp? Well, take the present-day concepts for those magazines and put the focus on people of color in the entertainment industry. That defines what the purpose and direction of the start-up digital media site A Hot Set.
A Hot Set covers the news and stories across the global entertainment industry with an eye trained toward people of color. Through in-depth commentary, statistical insights, historical analysis, profiles, updates, and special coverage we keep you well-informed and on the pulse of ever-evolving role POC's play in shaping the future of entertainment media.
Note: Before reading further, this is a volunteer unpaid role that can also be used as a long-term internship if possible per agreement.
Are you the Claudia Eller, Mike Fleming, Nekesa Mumbi Moody, or Sharon Waxman of the next generation?
A Hot Set is looking for a long-term (12-month commitment) Editor. The position of the Editor is unpaid, part-time, and will be online-based out of your area of residence as A Hot Set will have an all-volunteer staff of writers (including the Publisher)
- Acts as ranking site manager under the direction of the Publisher.
- Assists in selecting and supervising the site contributors.
- Assists in disseminating assignments that are congruent with the site's target demographic.
- Works with contributors to develop AP Style articles from original ideas to completed articles.
- Reviewing, and approving content.
- Cross-check all citations and examine all the references.
- Conforms to deadlines and production requirements.
- Assists in creating and disseminating all staff related information.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communicating skills.
- Expert at AP Style writing format.
- Effective judgment and decision making skill.
- Expert in managing time and completing the given task within the decided time frame.
- Expert knowledge about communication and mass media.
- Experience and ability to learn new online content media platforms.
- Strong interests in a diverse range of scripted and reality-based entertainment topics related to the film, television, theater, and streaming industry.
- Previous editorial or content management experience and/or having managed/run a relevant site of your own.
To learn more about A Hot Set view the media kit (http://www.anpublishing.com/ahotset) and to apply, visit the page (http://www.anpublishing.com/as-editor) or forward cover letter, resume stating experience and three published clips.
A. N. Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈