2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Philippines
We are looking for a Content Editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, to join our US team (PST) remotely and juggle all the moving parts of publications. You will plan, coordinate, review and edit content. The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content for all of our clients.
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Generate headline ideas in alignment with the client's and targeted audience's preferences
- Proofread, edit and improve content
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Manage writers and curate fresh, relevant, and informative content
- Direct creation of new content and help the team craft and refine ideas and cultivate sources
- Brainstorm content, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Assist with hiring writers and contribute to building up a high-quality writer pool
- 3+ years of proven working experience as an Editor
- A demonstrated excellence in content creation and editing (including online publishing)
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Experience adhering to technical style guides
- Able to exert indirect authority to deliver results
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Media or related field
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Philippines.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈