1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Curriculum Developer, Humanities.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The K-2 Curriculum Developer ensures that Great Minds’ content meets the organization’s high standards for quality and coherence.
The K-2 Curriculum Developer contributes to the Great Minds Humanities content development strategy, including conceptualizing, writing, and editing curriculum and curriculum support materials; executing team processes and project guidelines, and communicating effectively.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled writer to contribute to Great Minds’ organizational mission to create K-2 curriculum and resources that ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; however, many team members work remotely. The Curriculum Developer can work remotely.
Content Lead, Humanities
• The team gathers in person 1-2 times a year, when possible.
• The Curriculum Developer may attend Professional Development in the field and may travel approximately up to 3% of the time, depending on location.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Execute the vision of Great Minds’ content development strategic plan by conceptualizing, writing, and editing content for our earliest learners
• Demonstrate an editorial sensibility, including ability to
- write and edit using precise, academic language
- proofread for accuracy and expression
- apply constructive feedback locally and globally in a timely manner
- implement revisions to project design and content
- produce consistent content and quality across products
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of instructional design and pedagogy
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
• Collaborate within and across teams to develop curriculum and curriculum-support content
• Develop curriculum resources with content and pedagogy of the highest quality and reflective of the Great Minds philosophy
• Implement the product life cycle for multiple projects, completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
• Communicate clearly within and across teams
• Exemplify an academic mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
• Embrace a learner mindset by being receptive to feedback and elevating different perspectives
• Work independently in a remote environment
• Adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work flow
• Apply and exemplify Content Development Team Principles across projects
• Cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality.
Relevant Experience and Skills
• Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts with a Bachelors or Masters degree in an associated content area
• Superior writing and communication skills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample required)
• Teaching experience preferred
• Experience with teaching multilingual learners and diverse learner populations preferred
• Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards desired
• Respect for teacher professionals
• Commitment to high standards and instructional quality
• Academic and growth mindset
• Flexible thinking
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Proactive problem solving
• Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
• Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
• Positive energy
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈