2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Note: Please include a cover letter and a sample post for the Lovevery blog on a child development topic of your choosing (ages 0-3). Applications without these items will not be reviewed.
We are looking for a professional editor who has deep experience editing articles and developing content/editorial strategy. The editor must be well-versed in early child development and eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for curating strategic topics that are of service to parents and caretakers of young children, guiding writers in the development of blog posts and longform SEO pieces, and editing for voice, style, and content. Throughout, you will be responsible for upholding the Lovevery voice and ensuring information is based on thoughtful, evidence-based research.
The successful candidate can empathize with what new parents want and need, and then translate that into articles that not only convey information, but also connect to a passionate audience. They are incisive when pinpointing the right angle for Lovevery to take on a topic—especially sensitive topics.
The Editor must be organized, a clear communicator, and a positive collaborator in order to work with writers to produce high quality blog posts on deadline that ladder up to brand strategy and business objectives. They give and receive feedback with grace. They are a self-starter, eager to take on new projects and responsibilities, even when the path forward isn't perfectly clear.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Take the lead on maintaining a content/editorial calendar full of topics that are of service to parents and guardians and also align with Lovevery's mission and strategy.
- Edit blog posts and SEO articles for voice, style, and content.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to writers on writing, voice, workflow, and beyond.
- Work with the Director of Content and CEO to ensure high quality content that's produced efficiently and on deadline.
- Demonstrate savvy in creating content for digital channels; knowledge of blog, SEO, email, video, and social strategy is a plus.
- Contribute to other writing projects, including our play guides and children's books, as needed.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You love editing and can handle a high volume and tight deadlines. You appreciate the detail-oriented work and time it takes to revise a piece to a high quality standard.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring topics to work on, you have deep empathy for parents, and you're well-versed in early child development.
- You've edited a lot, especially for digital channels, and can combine this experience with an understanding of Lovevery's voice and tone to produce effective, on-brand content.
- You're a positive communicator and collaborator who demonstrates humility and flexibility with regard to feedback, edits, and shifting priorities.
- You're a proactive self-starter who is resourceful and doesn't need hand holding; you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong attention to detail and high organizational and project management skills. You're able to work relatively independently.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in English/writing/linguistics/child development or similar with a record of strong academic performance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are open to a temp-to-perm arrangement, but exceptions may be made.
To apply: Please attach a resume, cover letter, and sample blog post for our blog on a child development topic of your choosing (age 0-3). We suggest you read some of our blog posts before starting. Applications without these items will not be considered.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈