Web Development Instructor
2 months ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Fullstack Academy is the premier technology skills accelerator providing immersive, intensive, rapid courses (e.g. bootcamps) that bridge the skills gap between our students and employer partners. Fullstack Academy was started inside Y Combinator and was recently acquired by Zovio, a rapidly growing NASDAQ-listed education technology company to address the “education to employment” opportunity in America.
Fullstack Academy operates Fullstack-branded bootcamps in New York and Chicago and nationally through several world-class University partners. Offering curricula in Web, Software Development, Cybersecurity and Data Science, our three to six month bootcamps have changed the lives of thousands of students and re-defined where employers are finding top talent.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. To help us share Fullstack’s success with the world and find the best bootcamp students, we’re looking for a Part-Time Fullstack Instructor to help transform the lives of our students, and through them, their communities and economies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Instructor for our partnership program with the University of San Diego (USD), you will lead instruction for our bootcamp program for students looking to build a professional web development skillset. You’ll lead lectures and support students through exercises designed to embed key web development concepts. You’ll guide students through the development of stellar projects. You’ll facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. You’ll collaborate with our dedicated support and administrative staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in our program.
This is a part-time role that will report to our University Program Manager, with a dotted-line to our Head of Academics. Classes will be delivered on the USD Campus on evenings and weekends. The part-time hours are as follows:
- A cohort runs for 26 weeks of instruction, with an average of 20 hours per week
- 2 weeknight sessions per week, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm PT
- 1 weekend session per week, from 9:00am to 1:00pm PT, (may be Saturday or Sunday)
In this role, you will
- Lead instruction on Web Development and other technology topics, including leading whole-class lectures, activity-based learning workshops, and project-based experiential learning
- Work with students 1-on-1, in pairs and in groups to support their learning and growth in the program
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
- Iterate on our curriculum over time based on student achievement data, feedback from students and employer partners, and evolving trends in the industry
You are a great candidate if you have:
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science, or 6+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- Experience teaching or mentoring: Working at a bootcamp, TA’ing in college, creating educational content via YouTube, mentoring junior developers, volunteering to teach, or prior experience as a teacher are all great experience
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills - particularly when it comes to complex technical information
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A love of software development and a passion for growing the careers of a diverse new generation of software engineering professionals
- The ability and stability to consistently meet a 26-week commitment to our students
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- Experience teaching in an immersive "bootcamp" type of environment or continuing education style classes
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈