The Leadership Program
1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Virtual Leadership Tutor
We're hiring for the 2020-21 school year!
Engaging, resilient, flexible, proactive—these are just a few of the characteristics you should possess as a Leadership Tutor. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing mentoring and facilitation through our unique student-centered approach into multiple NYC schools.
Think you’re an ideal candidate? Well then, you’re a resourceful and tenacious motivator. You are comfortable working in many different settings. You’re a self-starter, and you’re highly motivated, with the willingness and ability to work well both in a team and with a great degree of autonomy. You come from a strongly resourceful orientation, and your dedication to learn and grow is unmatched.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work independently in some of the most challenging NYC public schools
- Learn our methodology and facilitation techniques
- Serve as a mentor and positive role model
- Provide academic tutoring, mentoring and organizational and life skills to students
- Utilize your unique and diverse background to work on special projects and activities with students and school community members
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Be prepared to virtually work in any of our school communities, virtually and/or at school sites
- Submit appropriate paperwork and enter activity logs, attendance, and other data into our on-line database bi-weekly
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technological capacity to provide virtual facilitation, as well as knowledge of virtual platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
- Experience with Social Emotional Learning framework
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members
- Are already, or ready to be, fingerprinted and back-ground checked through the State Department of Education
- We are also in need of multilingual facilitators.
- Experience in Anti-Racist Education and Restorative Justice a major plus
- Tutoring/Teaching Experience with students enrolled in elementary, middle or high school
- Virtual tutoring rates start at $30 per hour
Don’t check all our boxes but still think you’d be a perfect fit for the position? Send us a submission and argue your case. Not ready for work until the new school year? Send us what you've got. We’d love to give you a shot.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈