Senior Learning Advisor - Course Content
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We are developing the world's best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. We are a rapidly growing team working to improve the availability of high-quality education while reducing student debt. With cinematic video lectures and cutting-edge educational technology, we create for-credit courses for a fraction of the average cost.
We are seeking a diligent, well-organized, and interdisciplinary Senior Learning Advisor to review our online for-credit course offerings. This role will recommend ways to improve our students’ educational experience in ways that will help them achieve the highest possible outcomes. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage experience in curriculum design, instructional design, and knowledge of the field to work with us in improving the future of education.
This role calls for an expert with extensive experience in curriculum design and a passion for creating effective educational experiences through technology. You will have access to student feedback, internal research, and site analytics and will be expected to combine these with current academic approaches, cutting-edge research, and your personal judgment to suggest improvements to course material and experimental course features. A successful candidate will enjoy taking on new challenges while bringing their subject matter expertise and educational opinions to the table. This role provides the opportunity to showcase your creative, innovative, and analytical talents to facilitate the development of superb education materials. The role reports to our Content Manager. This is a part-time (up to 8 hours a week) remote contract position.
What You’ll Do
- Review our course materials and help us to improve consistency, ensure continuity of concepts, and further develop these materials to support our courses’ learning objectives
- Provide feedback regarding the presentation style of materials, the resources available to students, and methods for practice and assessment utilized in the course
- Suggest alternative approaches, innovative tools, and unidentified opportunities to improve our course materials and educational experience
- Seek out, communicate, and apply the findings of cutting edge research in the field to help us better understand the best ways to present information and engage students
- Provide feedback on all aspects of our courses with the goal of optimizing the student experience and students’ educational outcomes with Outlier.org
- Curriculum design and instructional design expert (an M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field is preferred)
- Possess experience with online education products and up-to-date knowledge of cutting edge tools and practices
- Enjoy creative problem-solving
- Have the desire to be involved with a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Hard-working, with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Have excellent judgment and the ability to identify high-quality educational materials and methods
- Are proficient in G Suite, Mac OS, and remote workflows
- Are a kind and generous colleague
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈