Part-Time Online Instructor, SolidWorks and Manufacturing Process
Southern California Institute of Technology
1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The responsibilities of this position includes instructing students enrolled in the BS Electrical or Electronics Engineering programs on topics related to the training and application of SolidWorks and the manufacturing process involved in product development. This position includes instructing students in an online environment through a combination of live lectures using popular teleconference software such as Google Meet, and recording lecture videos to be posted to an online classroom environment.
- Instruct bachelor's students on SolidWorks and introduction to the manufacturing process.
- Develop lesson plans and assessments appropriate to the learning objectives of the instructed courses.
- Employ effective teaching strategies that promote student engagement and motivation.
- Participate in meetings to discuss and evaluate curricular issues, and to ensure effective and collaborative decisions across departments.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and systematic review of academic policies/procedures, at the program and institutional level.
- Assess student work and provide feedback to students on submitted assignments and exams effectively and promptly.
- Proctor exams and maintain/report grades for the classes taught.
- Master's degree or higher in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering or closely related fields.
- 5 or more years of industry experience working with SolidWorks.
- Teaching experience at an accredited college preferred.
- Experience teaching in a distance learning environment (i.e. online) strongly preferred.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈