Lead Online Nursing Faculty (Illinois License)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
ATS Institute Of Technology has been successfully helping students achieve their educational goals since 1998. Accredited nationally by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). We have recently transitioned to an online modality and we are looking for experienced Online Nursing Faculty to provide active learning instruction to our students and mentor other faculty for effective virtual instruction. ATS has been committed to continuous program improvements in becoming a world class and innovative educational institution. The College embraces a student-centered philosophy of teaching and mentoring which caters to the needs of individual students.
Lead Nursing Faculty designs an online student learning experiences with a focus on NCSBN standards. Provides students with the tools needed to develop their clinical reasoning ability so that they can make safe and effective decisions on the job. The Nursing Faculty promote a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect. The Lead Nursing Faculty teaches in online classroom, online lab and online clinical, evaluates student achievement. The Lead Nursing Faculty supports and mentors other Nursing instructors. Faculty participates in curriculum development, program revisions and evaluations, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides education which aligns with the ATS active learning model of curricula and supports student learning.
- Designs online class instruction, lab and clinical activities through the development of innovative lesson plans and materials which meet NCSBN standards. Effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a virtual classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement.
- Promotes student success in online lab and clinical. Provides instruction that will assist students in obtaining skills necessary to meet clinical requirements.
- Works with students to identify their strengths, learning styles, and areas requiring further development, and to develop and implement remediation plans as needed.
- Maintain accurate records, submit grades and other reports on time, and enforce College academic and attendance policies.
- Build student confidence in preparing for the NCLEX exam.
- Collaborate with other course team members, including class, clinical, and lab instructors teaching the same subject to promote consistency in teaching and learning which will lead to student success.
- Participate in professional development related to teaching and nursing skills, college activities, committees, and seminars as well as departmental meetings/activities.
- A Master's or Doctorate degree in nursing from an academic institution accredited by a regional or nationally accredited agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Certificate or extensive professional development in delivering online education.
- Academic experience in a school of nursing with a successful record of teaching in nursing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a registered nurse.
- Direct patient care experience within the previous year in a clinical setting or as a clinical nursing instructor.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the United States required.
- Ability to relate to students and to communicate subject material using innovative approaches and technologies.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Will be required to teach classroom, lab and clinical component of the assigned course
Skills and Key Behaviors
- Compassion and patience for striving nursing students
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations; verbally and in writing
- Ability to implement changes to processes that are in need of improvement
- Attentiveness to record keeping using computer technology
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings
- Ability to be self-directed in working remotely
- Ability to work remotely from a home office
Full-time faculty is eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health and dental plan
- 4 weeks of paid Vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Professional development with CE credits and more
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈