1 month ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: USA and Europe only
Do you want to help our students practice what they learn on our platform? We are currently looking for German, French and English tutors. Any friendly and helpful native speakers can apply! French and English speakers with German knowledge is a plus.
- Total Flexibility: Set your own schedule—work as many or as few hours as you wish. Create your own hours and every week can look different.
- Remote Work: Work from home or anywhere in the world.
- Support & Exchange: Our staff is here for you—easy to contact and provides help and feedback. Or connect with other tutors in our Community Forum.
- A Rewarding Experience: Interactive lessons with students from all over the world. Many students eventually become friends with our tutors and create a unique bond.
- We Value Diversity: Chatterbug is an inclusive company - we embrace difference and we're striving to create a safe environment that’s inclusive to everyone. We are committed to building a tutor community that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We strongly encourage parents, women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+ to apply.
- Payment: We pay either $10 or €9 per completed 45-minute session. For US tutors with US bank accounts, we use Stripe payout deposits in USD. For Euro payouts you will be paid directly to your account via TransferWise, therefore you just need your IBAN.
- Be a native speaker of the language you want to tutor.
- Be able to legally work as a part-time contractor.
- Be a friendly and supportive person.
- Have a passion for other cultures and language learning.
- A computer or laptop with a webcam.
- A fast and reliable internet connection (Minimum upload: 2Mbps / Minimum download: 4Mbps. Test your speed here.)
- Headphones with a microphone.
- A quiet, non-distracting space with good lighting.
Step 1: Submit your application — it will go directly to our Tutor Management Team. Take your time to thoughtfully fill out the form and go through the one-way-video-interview, as it will be our first impression of you. And everyone knows how important that is!
Step 2: If we think you might be a good fit, you will receive an email from our Tutor Management Team asking you to create a tutor account.
Step 3: After creating your account, you will:
- Do our onboarding course with lots of tips and tricks, where you will learn more about the platform and what tutoring at Chatterbug entails.
- Schedule your availability.
- Set up a Tutor Training Lesson, in which you’ll get to know one of our team members and show us your tutoring skills.
If you have questions along the way, we’re here for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Europe only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈