Faculty Reviewer (Subject Matter Expert)
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: North America Only
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking Osmosis Faculty Reviewers to join our Content team. In this role, you will act as a subject matter expert to support our content development by reviewing content and communicating essential feedback to Osmosis teammates to inform content improvements.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” We are a team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we collaborate in a distributed environment and value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and understand the importance of life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
What You’ll Do
As an Osmosis Faculty Reviewer, you will work closely with our Content team to ensure that our partners, students, and faculty are able to have the best learning experience possible by ensuring that the content we produce is accurate, engaging, effective, and reflects current literature.
The primary responsibilities for an Osmosis Faculty Reviewer role relate to serving as a subject matter expert for our content projects. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Consult with our Director of Curriculum, Director of Instructional Design, Content managers, and individual creators to provide expert advice and guidance on content development
- Review and provide feedback on our content. Depending on the project, this may require review of scripts, notes, questions, illustrations, and/or videos.
- Ensure that our content is accurate, complete, and in alignment with the learning objectives for a given topic
- Suggest new and relevant sources for our writers as they develop content
- Be available to answer questions posed by our writers, illustrators, and editors related to your area(s) of expertise
In addition, every Osmosis teammate serves as a cultural ambassador within and outside of Osmosis by promoting the organizational values.
Who You Are
- Applicant has the appropriate education and experience to review the content they are assigned to. This may include:
- Holding a terminal degree or qualifications in the relevant field. For example they have earned a PhD, or are an MD, MD/PhD, DO, MBBS, MBChB or BSN, MSN, RN, NP, PA or MSc.
- Teaching experience in one or more subjects below:
- Clinical experience in one or more subjects below:
- Emergency medicine
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Allergy and immunology
- Hematology and oncology
- Infectious diseases
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- General surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- ENT (Otolaryngology)
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Mastery of the English language and excellent in-person/video and written communication skills
- Competency with the Google suite (including Docs, Sheets, and Meet)
- Previous experience reviewing content and curriculums preferred.
This position is a remote, part-time, contract role.
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Approachable and Friendly. You are friendly and professional, inviting trust and deepening relationships with customers.
- Effective Communicator. You communicate complex problems in language teammates and customers can understand.
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with Osmosis’s organizational values.
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms”. In line with this, if you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈