Cybersecurity Teaching Assistant
4 months ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Fullstack Academy is the premier technology skills accelerator providing immersive, intensive, rapid courses (e.g. bootcamps) that bridge the skills gap between our students and employer partners. Fullstack Academy was started inside Y Combinator and was recently acquired by Zovio, a rapidly growing NASDAQ-listed education technology company to address the “education to employment” opportunity in America.
Fullstack Academy operates Fullstack-branded bootcamps in New York and Chicago and nationally through several world-class University partners. Offering curricula in Web, Software Development, Cybersecurity and Data Science, our three to six month bootcamps have changed the lives of thousands of students and re-defined where employers are finding top talent.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. To help us share Fullstack’s success with the world and find the best bootcamp students, we’re looking for a Part-Time Cybersecurity Instructional Associate to help transform the lives of our students, and through them, their communities and economies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Instructional Associate (IA) for our partnership program with the University of San Diego (USD), you will scale your impact as an infosec professional by helping to train the next generation of cyber defenders. You’ll support students through exercises designed to embed key cybersecurity concepts. You’ll guide students through the development of stellar projects and PoCs, getting students ready to step immediately into infosec jobs in companies and government service after graduating.
This is a part-time role that will report to our University Program Manager, with a dotted-line to our NYC Cyber Academics Team. Classes will be delivered on the USD Campus on evenings and weekends. The part-time hours are as follows:
- A cohort runs for 26 weeks of instruction, with an average of 20 hours per week
- 2 weeknight sessions per week, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm PT
- 1 weekend session per week, from 9:00am to 1:00pm PT, (may be Saturday or Sunday)
In this role, you will
- Assist the Lead Instructor with teaching cybersecurity topics, by answering help tickets during learning workshops and covering for the Lead Instructor should he/she be absent
- Grade technical assessments and provide 1-on-1 feedback to students
- Hold office hour sessions and/or facilitate group study sessions with students during the weeknights and occasional weekends (done virtually)
- Track student academic performance and engage with students to help them successfully complete their course
- Assist in the project management of student projects
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
You are a great candidate if you have:
- 1+ years of cybersecurity work experience
- Experience teaching or mentoring: Working at a bootcamp, TA’ing in college, creating educational content via YouTube, mentoring junior developers, volunteering to teach, or prior experience as a teacher are all great experience
- An interest in learning topics within our course curriculum, and for helping others
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A passion for the cybersecurity industry and a desire to be part of growing the careers of a diverse new generation of cybersecurity professionals
- The ability and stability to consistently meet a 26-week commitment to our students
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈