Arkansas Center for Data Sciences
2 months ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Forge Institute seeks multiple Cybersecurity Instructors who will be responsible for developing curriculum based on our private and public partner needs, developing labs and projects, assessments and other components of our cyber training programs. Remote Arkansas. Open to Remote USA.
We are seeking experienced cyber instructors who want to help shape the cyber workforce of our partnering organizations. Both private and public sector companies are counting on us to train new and incumbent employees to protect their critical infrastructure against the most advanced attackers in the world. Our training and professional development team needs your experience in cybersecurity to help trainees step up their game. You’ll work with some of the best cyber operators carrying the lessons of the occupation to a classroom environment. If your skill set includes a variety of expertise in cyber, including network concepts, operating systems, scripting languages and IT architecture with a red team, blue team, and even purple team frame of mind, then this position is for you! Having the ability to speak at multiple levels of cybersecurity competence is highly desired.
Am I an Instructor/Curriculum Development Candidate?
- Can you effectively communicate complex cybersecurity topics to an audience with a wide variety of familiarity to raise awareness and peak interest in our upcoming programs?
- Do you have a background in cybersecurity and/or security operations and enjoy explaining the components of ramping up an organization's cyber team?
- Are you passionate about raising awareness in cybersecurity while providing education solutions to create a stronger cyber tech community?
- Can you confidently illustrate the leading edge of information security? Could you attend a distinguished conference or workshop and then adequately convey the information acquired to your colleagues?
- Can you interact effectively with entry-level cyber professionals who might need to be un-taught some old bad habits before they can learn some new TTPs?
- Are you able to assess an individual's skill level and quickly adapt to a training approach that better resonates with them?
- Develop cyber security modules based on network concepts, techniques, tools and procedures relevant to securing an organization’s infrastructure, vulnerability scanning & management, risk assessments & remediation, threat intelligence, incident response and other cybersecurity topics.
- Instruct in-depth training based on topics above. This includes managing course delivery by alternate instructors and SMEs who aren’t professional trainers, ensuring the trainees receive the best possible training available nationwide.
- Conduct off-site cybersecurity awareness workshops for our partners and other community leaders, which includes creating the content for leave-behinds.
- Create, extend, enhance or revise course material to align with trainee sponsored employers.
- Assume the role as a subject matter expert to prospective partners and trainees, promoting the upcoming program, professional development and/or cyber bootcamp opportunities and the benefits to potential partners/organizations/cyber operators.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports upon conclusion of cyber bootcamp program and any additional training opportunities that require the evaluation of skills acquired/developed.
- Represent Forge Institute and it’s programs through community outreach engagement. This includes attending relevant cyber and tech community groups, conferences, etc., offering to participate in relevant group discussions (panel discussions), and any additional outreach opportunities assigned to you.
Required Qualifications: Successful candidates will have experience in the following areas and have the ability to effectively educate to multiple levels of training pools
- Cyber Tech: experience teaching technical topics to a wide variety of audiences, from help desk and system admins to C-level executives.
- Incident Response: experience conducting or managing incident response investigations for organizations and effectively training the participants within the various training courses offered.
- Reverse Engineering: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis and familiarity with the tools available.
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and experience performing network operations.
- Programming/Scripting: experience in common scripting languages.
- Professional client-facing demeanor, comfortable in the classroom & range/lab and the boardroom.
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of completing tasks on time without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment and attitude. Preferred Education Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy
Benefits of Working at Forge Institute
- Ability to suggest upcoming cyber courses with opportunity to attend forward-facing cyber leader’s training courses
- Direct input and influence in the development of workforce in Arkansas and beyond
- Flexible work environment - may work remotely during off-training days/weeks/months
- Optimal vacation time
- Company holidays ○ New Year's Day ○ Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday ○ Washington's Birthday (Presidents Day) ○ Memorial Day ○ Independence Day (4th of July) ○ Labor Day ○ Veterans Day ○ Thanksgiving Day ○ Christmas Day
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive positive change.
600 E Capitol Ave #1030, Little Rock Arkansas Remote Arkansas. Open to Remote USA.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈