Codeable Lead Instructor
2 weeks ago
Hiring from: South America only
Codeable is one of Able’s growing portfolio ventures. Codeable is a coding school that trains and positions talent as full-stack software engineers through a remote six-month web developer program. Codeable offers income share agreements, reducing enrollment friction, and helping distribute opportunity through vocational training.
Codeable graduated 18 students in 2019, its launch year. We expect to graduate 40 students in 2020, and 80 in 2021, while maintaining quality outcomes regarding job placement.
We believe talent can be found everywhere, but opportunities don’t. We want to work with people who are passionate about closing the opportunity gap in LATAM, and collaborating, solving problems, overcoming challenges, and nurturing relationships within a team. People who are open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, and remain eager to do whatever they need to close those gaps.
Codeable is seeking a Lead Instructor to join our team. In this role, you will play a key role in the students’ development, serving as the person responsible for their development by leading them through the program’s content, revising their assignments and projects, and providing 1-1 coaching. You will work to facilitate support and communication to students for achieving our goal of preparing them for a career in technology.
You will report to Codeable’s Education Lead, collaborating closely on Student Development and Curriculum Building functions, while working with Education Associates to hold students accountable for their progress and coaching them to achieve their learning goals.
- A passion for assisting others to learn and to continue learning yourself
- The ability to conduct 1-1s that act as tutoring, motivational, or debugging sessions —whatever the student needs to meet their goals
- Experience with classroom management (virtual classroom management is a plus)
- A focus on data-informed decisions and debate regarding curriculum content efficacy, student development, and extracurricular activities impact.
- Experience managing student performance improvement processes
- A passion for building and scaling education technology solutions is a plus
- Experience at growth-stage technology and product companies is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience working as a teacher for a formal educational institution or 1+ years as an instructor in a coding Bootcamp
- 2+ years of team and management experience
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy business ventures outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster and grow as a group.
With Codeable, we tend to our belief that talent can be found everywhere, but opportunities cannot. We want to work with people who are passionate about closing the opportunity gap in LATAM.
- Champion outcomes over effort
- Contribute to the solution
- Put people first
- Commit to diversity
- Get better every day
Able may be the place you’ve been longing for. The one where creative and innovative projects meet with good-willing and passionate teams — plus many other perks to boot that we can offer.
- Flexible work hours and locations (work from home included)
- Competitive salaries
- A MacBook to work with
- Complimentary lunches and snacks when we’re at the office
- Payroll (with bonuses on July and December, CTS and paid vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: South America only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈