Yocto Expert - Embedded Linux Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Witekio is a fast-growing company and we are hiring a Yocto Expert – Embedded Linux Engineer passionate about embedded devices and enthusiastic in new technical solutions, services, and devices. If you love connecting hardware to software, join us and help high tech makers build great software.
What you will do:
- Develop middleware based on C/C++. Customize Yocto and Buildroot distributions.
- Perform driver and middleware development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms.
- Write device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel.
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) for our clients' hardware to provide additional functionality, such as software updates, enhanced security, and optimization.
- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.
- Keep schedules, project requirements, specifications, and deliverables through cross-collaboration with Witekio’s team members and its clients.
- Participate in project validation, estimation, and project sizing. Understanding project limitations and helping ensure expectations meet what is achievable.
- Mentor and share skills with peers.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Yocto expertise.
- Embedded software development experience in C/C++.
- Proficiency with Linux kernel and middleware development on ARM architecture.
- Experience with embedded design, development and debugging.
- Excellent client management skills.
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, and five years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer or related positions.
- Knowledge of buildroot.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate effectively with team members and clients.
WITEKIO, an Avnet company is an expert in embedded software, with over 100 engineers based around the world including teams in the United States, U.K., Germany, and France. As a world-class leader in IoT and embedded software, our goal is to bring a global software system vision to innovative devices.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and 50% for dependents
- Very generous time off and paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% company match
- A parental leave
- Employee referral bonus
- Exchange program with the availability to work in any of our European offices
- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
- and Fridays’ French Pastries!
Technical assessment is required as a first step in the screening process.
Location: USA remote
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈