1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: US or EU time zones
Category: Software Development
ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More important, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and skilled at distributed work.
We're hiring a part-time contractor (~15 hours/wk) to continue to build, support, and maintain our suite of plugins for Wordpress:
In this role, you'll:
- Execute on our product roadmap for building new features into our plugins.
- Address bugs and issues.
- Get tests running on CircleCI and automate the deployment process when possible.
- Continue to improve processes and build out documentation for deployment, installation, and upgrading.
- Help our customer success team with thorny technical issues relating to the plugins.
- At least 3 years professional experience with Wordpress plugin development.
- Strong understanding of the WordPress ecosystem.
- Significant, demonstrable experience using best practices for writing well-tested, clean, maintainable, and well-architected code.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to respond quickly for customer-facing problems; while this is not an on-call roll, we will ask for regular availability to troubleshoot time-sensitive issues.
- Able to work in US or EU time zones, though you can be based anywhere.
Nice to have:
- Connections in the WordPress community to help solve problems and troubleshoot integrations.
- Ruby/Rail experience.
- $5,000 - $7,000 monthly, depending on scope of work.
- We’ll invite qualified applicants to a quick call with one ConvertKit employee. If there’s mutual interest after that, we’ll invite you to interview with us. The interview will likely be 60 - 90 minutes with several ConvertKit employees. Candidates who do well in interviews will be invited to do a paid project with us, in hopes of turning that into a long-term engagement.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:US or EU time zones.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈