West Coast Customer Support Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world's best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a Customer Support Engineer to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking for someone who will provide top-notch service while simultaneously improving the overall customer service process. Your job is to technically understand Zipline's entire product offering so you can handle escalated support requests from our Level 1 Customer Support Reps.
At Zipline our Customer Support Engineers serve on the front lines by answering questions and troubleshooting technical problems through phone, email, and chat (Intercom) We're hiring a Customer Support Engineer who wants to help us continue to deliver the responsive, friendly, first-class customer service that our customers love and appreciate! If you are an empathetic, technically skilled problem solver with a knack for digging to the root of problems and offering solutions, then you are what we're looking for!
- Provide Level 2 customer support in PST time zone for any escalated customer issues.
- Provide primary front line support from 5:00-7:00 pm PST and back up for Level 1 customer support reps throughout the day as needed.
- Achieve productivity standards and goals while maintaining the highest level of customer service; handle customer requests and questions with a thoughtful, friendly and empathetic tone.
- Work with Level 1 customer support reps on unresolved customer issues taking lead on debugging and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Onboarding of new customers and ensure their successful launch.
- Work closely with our customers to identify and escalate issues across multiple business units within Retail Zipline (e.g. Account Management, Customer Success, Engineering, Product Management, etc.)
- Proactively take on challenges, research information, troubleshoot problems and creatively deliver results.
- Help create and maintain internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Provide support on additional special projects as needed.
- Develop troubleshooting tips and tools to use in diagnosis
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer facing position involving technical knowledge of a companies' products and services
- Experience working in and assisting others through company help desk software, and other remote access desktop programs
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem solving
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communicator with a clear, thoughtful, and friendly writing style.
- Proficient with productivity applications such as Intercom, Slack, Basecamp, Zoom, Loom
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Good understanding of Ruby, web Services, API, and IP based protocols
- Experience working with large scale rails applications
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL, or other database systems is a plus
More about you:
- Passionate about creating an amazing customer experience.
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
- Previous experience working remotely is a plus.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City, Santa Cruz
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More...
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈