Web Application Firewall Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: South Africa only
Category: Software Development
About xneelo https://xneelo.co.za/about-us/ and our journey from Hetzner to xneelo https://xneelo.co.za/Hetzner/
Joining our Abuse Mitigation team, you will put your skill, experience and innovative energy into making the Web a safer place for our growing Web hosting customer base. We are looking to evolve our current WAF architecture into one which gives our customers increasing peace of mind about their website, helping them to focus on their core business.
Providing WAF services at scale, with a “hands off” approach for customers spanning over half a million websites is a challenge worth your investment!
The role can be office based at the company’s head office in the Tygervalley area in the Western Cape or can be remote.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for:
- High quality and standards - you get the false economy of interim solutions
- Technology to serve operational and client requirements
- System engineering and open source technologies and mindset
- Optimal systems and simple procedures
- Self-organising and purpose driven team environments
- Transparency, candid feedback and sharing ideas and innovation
- Learning rapidly and at times independently
- In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understand the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust website security solutions
- Build and design tooling to support and evolve our Trust & Safety team, e.g. dashboards, scripts and automation
- Trend monitoring, analysis and development of mitigation strategies for website vulnerabilities
- ModSecurity rules for managing web application vulnerabilities
- False positive detections and patching
- Web Application Firewall technologies, including ModSecurity
- Open source Web server design and management
- Database design and management
- Linux system engineering
- Backend software development & scripting
- 5+ years Linux system administration experience, in mission critical environments
- A proven track record in the WAF arena using open source technologies to engineer innovative solutions
- Debian Linux administration experience
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science and/or Cyber Security
- Experience working within large scale operations
- Currently subscribed to malware and Internet abuse mitigation mailing lists
- Experience with anti-spam solutions and spam mitigation
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: South Africa only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈