Web Application Developer (PHP)
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
We create e-commerce and corporate websites mostly with PHP based frameworks (Magento, Craft CMS, etc. - Sorry, no Wordpress), this position will take a leading role in development.
You won't be writing any HTML/CSS, but you'll be expected to integrate those into template files.
We try to avoid monolithic sites and try to use everything headless where possible; along with frontend engineers, you will be architecting the service layer of these projects.
We expect you to write clean, testable and maintainable code; pursue emerging technologies and methods; come up with ideas to do better each day. We conduct code-reviews and pair programming activities and expect you to participate actively.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the field,
- Excellent understanding and solid experience with PHP and its major frameworks,
- Excellent command of SQL, understanding of ElasticSearch and NoSQL databases,
- Excellent understanding of web services (Rest, GraphQL, etc.), message queues, in-memory databases, key-value stores, etc.,
- Good knowledge on version control (Git), build tools, CI/CD, containerization (Docker), and ability to survive the Linux command line,
- Completed your military service.
Nice to haves and soft skills;
- Bachelors degree in computer science/engineering or any other related field,
- Experience with agile development and project management practices,
- Understanding of BDD, and software testing practices,
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Learner for life, self-motivated, self-purposed, self-starter,
- Good command of written and verbal English; we expect you to participate in conversations with international clients over Zoom, Slack, etc.
Please note that, we'll ask you to develop a sample project for us (should not take more than 10-12 hours, we respect your time) as a part of the interview, unless you are a regular contributor to open-source projects.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!