VP of Engineering, Platform
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
We’re very excited about adding a VP of Engineering to the thriving Engineering Team at Typeform.
Typeform is a versatile platform used by customers across many jobs ranging from market research and customer feedback to customer acquisition or e-commerce checkout.
The VP of Engineering will take responsibility for the end-to-end technological capabilities to accelerate the pace at which the Typeform's product grows by focusing on driving internal and external developer experience, API management, reliability, and data processing capabilities in conjunction with the platform, quality, and corporate teams. This position will further develop and scale the existing teams by adding top talented, high-performing A-players as well as defining and implementing best-in-class SaaS B2B play books, processes, and tools.
Here's what you'll do:
- Develop the Platform team (Team, processes, and tools): you’ll be responsible for establishing the right platform team structure, helping upskill existing team members and hiring high-performing A-players as needed, keeping an eye on building the required capabilities for long-term success as we scale.
- You will act as the main contributor to our engineering brand, how it is perceived outside Typeform, and creating a vehicle to attract top talent.
- Planning and execution of the platform opportunities: you'll have a strategic mindset responsible for determining the platform initiatives to be focused on and help the company quantify and understand progress against those goals by selecting key performance indicators and developing reports on these metrics for the wider organization.
- Owner of our technological capabilities and a key influencer of Product: you'll have ownership over the technological capabilities and the evolution of its key metrics.
- You have proven strong leadership and management experience of both on-site and remote team members of 30+ FTEs including being a manager of managers. You know what it takes to be a top-performer, and can coach, mentor, and develop other top performers, empowering them to continuously learn and grow their team and individual contributions.
- Furthermore, you will collaborate and manage the corporate and enterprise IT teams to ensure the smooth operation of the company and compliance with our security standards.
- Valued contributor to the top management: you are a highly respected member of the top management team, helping them align around key priorities with positive dynamics and constructive discussions.
Here's what we are after:
- Experience working in leadership roles for 10 years + (3 years in a similar position) and have seen what success looks like.
- Experience in building and leading high performing engineering operations teams.
- Aptitude to recognize strengths and weaknesses on a team; maximizing strengths and mitigating weakness through growth and mentoring programs and team structuring.
- Experience working at multiple companies, with more than one perspective on technical leadership.
- Experience building and delivering products that have scaled in the marketplace.
- Proven expertise working in a SaaS platform architecture.
- Made mistakes — even very public ones — and can speak openly about what happened and how the problem was solved.
- Experience working across an entire organization, and building relationships with key stakeholders to understand the ins and outs of the whole business.
- Public speaker with a focus on building brand awareness on company and product.
- Experience recruiting exceptional talent and developing individual team members into successful leaders.
Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈