1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts with deep expertise in Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks, and reduce our clients' costs. For more information, visit us at www.vetsez.com.
We are currently looking for a remote VistA Developer for a position supporting a major federal project. The VistA Developer will work in a fast-paced, SAFe Agile environment and participate in the entire system lifecycle, including analysis, planning, development, implementation, testing, documentation, and operations. An ideal candidate will have a combination of hands-on development and technical knowledge within the VistA software that involves financial transactions.
- Provide senior-level development and enhancement support for a portfolio of healthcare applications utilizing an Agile approach that supports incremental development of high quality, fully-tested components
- Support test teams in acceptance testing, Section 508 Compliance, troubleshooting, load testing, capacity planning, and performance tuning
- Analyze, design, develop, and deliver Caché / MUMPS applications
- Address all customer priorities, including performance, functionality, ease of use, and security considerations
- Support the establishment of technical standards, approaches, and architectures across the project(s)
- Identify and mitigate technical risks to the project
- Participate in code reviews, and ensure product release readiness for customers and end-users
- Create and maintain documentation of stakeholder needs, visualizations, stories, and other sources of requirements information for functional and non-functional requirements
- Recommend and implement MUMPS development best practices
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related degree is required
- 4-7 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge and technical experience with VA and VistA architecture
- Hands-on experience developing or customizing enterprise-level software solutions
- Technical understanding of information security concepts and technologies
- Knowledge and experience with tools for Agile and DevSecOps
- Experience with Section 508 compliance
- Experience in the VA or other health-related organization desired
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile Environment
- Ability to obtain a Government clearance
- 401k with Employer Match
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Corporate Laptop
- Training opportunities
- Remote Opportunity
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈