Technical Support Engineer L3
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Infinidat is looking for experienced and talented individuals with excellent problem solving and communication skills to join our Development Support team.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting field problems and code defects. They will also take an active role in continuously improving our product by interacting directly with INFINIDAT customers and our developers.
Do you enjoy solving complex technical performance problems using Linux diagnostic tools such as TOP and IOSTAT? Do you like working with the Linux boot process, storage, or network stacks? Do you enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting performance issues within the application and operating system tiers?
As part of our development support team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting complex field issues and code defects. You will also take an active role in continuously improving our product by interacting directly with INFINIDAT customers and our developers.
- Provide technical assistance and support for the most complex field issues such as OS and storage communication issues and other associated add on’s for products
- Diagnose technical field issues down to root cause such as storage loss of access and performance problems
- Work with the development teams for problem resolution such as performance, and interoperability/functionality
- Provide remote and on-site diagnostics as needed (travel required) such as conference calls and email with customers to remotely access systems and onsite assistance for systems that do not have remote access
- Build training and educational material for the entire support organization
- Advanced knowledge of Operations Systems (OS) such as Linux, VMware, MS Windows, IBM AIX, Oracle/Sun Solaris, or HP UX
- OS administration skills to include provisioning and performance troubleshooting data storage devices.
- Fibre Channel and TCP/IP networking concepts including OS troubleshooting tools
- Advanced knowledge of OS diagnostics tools and utilities
- Advanced knowledge SAN and NAS administration, integration into 3rd party tools
- Working knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager or OpenStack
- Strong communication skills
- Domestic and International travel 10- 20%
- Programming/scripting skills such as Python or Bash
- ISCSI experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈