Technical Support Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UTC-6
Category: Software Development
We need extraordinary support engineers to join our team.
You should be comfortable with providing deep technical support and customer-facing interactions. You should have experience with relational databases, and have or be able to quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL. And you should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first.
Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position and should be located in US-Central timezone (UTC-6) for coverage purposes.
- Create successful customers through outstanding technical service, including issue resolution and consultative interactions
- Work in a dynamic startup and team, requiring the ability to shift focus quickly.
- Continually improve, optimize, and evolve support systems and processes.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, willing to jump in and help when you see a need.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SaaS and distributed systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL, database schema, and query optimization.
- Experience as a technical support professional with external customers.
- Strong aptitude to understand and learn new software products.
- Know TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- FSA and Dependent FSA plans
- Educational self-improvement benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome coworkers
Time series is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it. Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include IT and DevOps monitoring, IoT, complex sensing and monitoring systems, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on premise, and cloud deployments. The Timescale team is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!