Technical Lead - BackEnd
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe (Prague ideally)
Category: Software Development
Job Location: Ideally in Prague but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Flexibility: Remote position, flexible working hours
Type of Employment: Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
KeyWords: Java, Spring, Graph databases, API design, TDD
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Technical Lead at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
We are currently searching for two experienced Technical Leads to join and manage either our product team or one of our consulting teams.
On the product side, as the Technical Lead, you will be joining and leading our team of engineers that develop our core product, Hume. You will take part in the architecture and design of the Hume core features - working on the API and the engine for providing graph accesses and manipulation, workflows orchestration, access control and data mining/analysis.
As the Technical Lead in the consulting team, you will be joining and leading our team of engineers that deliver high value consulting to our customers around the world and build graph powered applications.
In both roles, you will interact with the product managers/clients to understand their needs, propose and design solutions, and implement them. You will work closely with the Backend team to ensure that work is delivered smoothly together with other teams such as front end and data.
- Working with your team to enable the delivery of efficient, well tested and well written features
- Being involved and contributing to team-level technical discussions
- Software design and code reviews
- Providing technical advice, anticipating technical issues, communicating these clearly to relevant stakeholders, and making architectural /design decisions to avoid or resolve them
- Caring about the quality of the codebase and continually looking for ways to improve it
- Demonstrating the features implemented to get feedback and suggestions
- Coaching, mentoring, knowledge sharing
- Understanding customer needs, contributing ideas and resolving issues
If you want to succeed, we believe you need to have the following skills/background:
- Technical Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in complex projects that span multiple teams
- Proficiency in Java and related best practices
- Advanced experience with Spring
- Working knowledge of core agile practice
- Solid knowledge of version-control systems, such as git
- Solid knowledge of SQL as well as Relational database models (how to proper model a ER schema).
- Familiarity with CI-CD practices
- Advanced knowledge of Docker
- Application of best practices for clean code, refactoring and TDD
- Methodical and reasoned approach to debugging and problem solving
- Clear understanding of techniques and best practices related to Web Application security
- Passion for simple, clean architectures
- Bonus Technical Skills
- Solid knowledge of search engines (Elasticsearch is a big plus)
- Knowledge of key Graph database concepts
- Knowledge of Cypher and Neo4j (Neo4j Certification is a big plus)
- Deep knowledge of enterprise integration patterns (experience with Apache Camel is a big plus)
- Understanding full stack application development including DevOps
- Master's Degree in Computer Science (or other relevant fields)
- Soft Skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Striving for excellence
- Ability to break down bigger tasks into smaller chunks in order to tackle them effectively
- Attention to detail
- Focus and motivated by Customer/Product Success
- Proactive and driven, constantly thinking of ways to improve
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience leading and working in distributed teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is more than welcome
What We Offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Our products are already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Benefits of working with us:
- Actively influence how we do things
- Appreciation and encouragement for taking initiative and creativity
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Supportive and low-overhead management culture
- Competitive remuneration
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe (Prague ideally).
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈