Technical Escalations Engineer (Overnight Shift)
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Technical Escalations Engineer (Overnight Shift). This role will work a shift from 5:00am CST to 2:00pm local time; Monday-Friday and additional hours as needed.
ExamSoft is seeking a high-energy, team-oriented Technical Escalations Engineer to provide advanced technical support to International ExamSoft customers. This person will report to the Manager, Technical Escalations. The Technical Escalations Engineer will work directly with customers to troubleshoot escalated software issues, work on defect triage, and mentor junior team members.
ExamSoft offers a market-leading assessment-management solution that supports the entire testing process, including exam creation, administration, delivery, scoring, and analysis. The software delivers powerful, actionable data to assess learning outcomes. ExamSoft is a growing company that hires smart and talented people who are excited about their personal growth and development in a fun and challenging work environment. They are excited about the positive impact they will have on education and the opportunity to change the way people learn.
- Provide world-class technical support via telephone, email and chat for ExamSoft customers experiencing escalated technical issues
- Troubleshoot complex issues with use of remote support software
- Maintenance of customer support portal
- Learn from customer interactions to help innovate customer experience improvements with better software and support tools
- Identify early symptoms, patterns and solutions for upcoming technology challenges
- Triage bug fixes and support related issues to be communicated to Product Owners or Engineering teams
- Maintain list/information for security threats, bugs and enhancements
- Mentor Support Specialist I team to develop skillsets and technical capabilities
- Provide enterprise level support to strategic accounts to ensure successful support experience
- Execute on retention-based projects in addition to supporting customer
- Develop best practices, tips and training scripts for customers on proper use of
- Communicate user challenges and software updates across multiple teams including the Development team for tracking resolution
- Assist with Quality Assurance beta testing ALL program components and installers as needed
- Assist with Quality Assurance in maintaining all program help files and documentation as needed
- Opportunity to work on additional projects as necessitated by the Engineering team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Customer Support experience (preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
- Experience with software applications or SAAS (preferred)
- Experience working with bug ticketing software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
** This role will work a shift from 5:00am CST to 2:00pm local time; Monday-Friday and additional hours as needed.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈